Rediscovering the 'Me' in 'Mumeeeeeee'

'I have always thought that there is no more fruitful source of family discontent than a housewife’s badly-cooked dinners and untidy ways'. (Mrs Beeton's Book of Household Management, 1861)

May 5, 2011

Avon Calling



As you may have noticed from recent posts, I am in a nostalgic mood at the moment so when a friend asked me if I would mention a new Avon product on my blog, I was immediately transported back to the 1970s and leapt at the chance!

Of course, the 'Avon Calling' ads I remember from my childhood are a far cry from the Avon of today which is an entirely modern cosmetics company boasting Reese Witherspoon, Fergie and Patrick Dempsey among it's celebrity product endorsers. Unbelievably, Avon celebrates its 125th birthday this year - now that is old!

I remember flicking through my mum's Avon brochure and picking out nail polishes and bubble baths. As a little girl I was mesmerised by the pages and pages of pretty coloured make up. And oh, how I longed and longed to be old enough to get some of the terribly exotic looking Arabian Glow when I was grown up. Well, guess what, I did!

Anyone who uses Avon products tends to be immediately converted and there are some fantastic offers in the brochures. The current promotion is for the Anew Skincare Regime - an anti-ageing regime which claims to rejuvenate your skin within 14 days. Quick! The set includes a cleanser, moisturiser and eye cream for...........ten euros.
These products which are usually priced at €42.85 are available for 30+, 40+, 50+ or 60+ age ranges (so take your pick!). The products are featured here and other Avon products have been reviewed on beaut.ie

For details of this latest offer, which is available for a limited period only, visit Elaine at the Avon Kilcullen Facebook Page or Avon Ireland. If you are based in the UK, and want to know more about Avon products, visit Avon UK.

Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Love the blog post. These kits are a brilliant way of introducing yourself to a skincare routine.

    Top tip: These mini-kits are perfect to take on holiday (they last 14 days) so you will have just enough to last you - also you will have more space in your suitcase for the way home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Avon products. My friend

    sells them. I was thinking about

    starting the business too - how

    long has your friend been doing it for.

    This is my friends website

    http://www.SixWomenWanted.com

    Thanks for your help, May.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin