Rediscovering the 'Me' in 'Mumeeeeeee'

'I have always thought that there is no more fruitful source of family discontent than a housewife’s badly-cooked dinners and untidy ways'. (Mrs Beeton's Book of Household Management, 1861)

September 27, 2009

Awards-Fest

In the continuing spirit of the current awards season, I have a few outstanding thank you’s to address. So, adorned in my designer frock and towering heels, I would like to thank:-

The most excellent Dulwich Divorcee for tagging me with a favourite film characters meme. Although many, many favourites spring to mind, I’ll simply sum up my perfect 10 as follows:-

Eliza Doolittle – My Fair Lady
Dorothy – ‘The Wizard of Oz’
The Dude – ‘The Big Lebowski’
All 3 children (can’t remember their names!) - ‘Whistle Down the Wind’
Han Solo – ‘Star Wars’
Aragorn – ‘Lord of the Rings’ trilogy
Brian – ‘The Life of Brian’
Babe the Pig – ‘Babe’
Willy Wonka – ‘Charlie & the Chocolate Factory’
ET – ‘ET’

Secondly, gracious thanks, and a knighthood, are bestowed upon Fraught Mummy over at
Brits in Bosnia for passing me the delightful ‘Queen of All things Awe-Summmm’ award. There doesn’t seem to be anything specific required from this award, so I will simply pass it on to the following queenly bloggers who I have recently discovered:

Martini Mummy
Nappy Valley Girl
Manic Mammy

Lost in Translation

And finally, muchos gracias to
Very Bored Housewife for the extremely lovely ‘I Love Your Blog’ award. This has a general theme of 7 personality traits about it, but in a total show of rebellion, I will alter this a little and give you 7 of my favourite drinks.

1. Bombay Sapphire or Tanqueray and tonic – anytime, anyplace, anywhere. Who needs a reason?
2. Champagne – for anything remotely exciting, or just because it’s a crappy Tuesday and what else is that especially nice bottle being saved for?
3. Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc – fab, fab, fab white wine.
4. Guinness – for when you’re feeling particularly ‘Oirish’. Great with a packet of cheese and onion crisps.
5. Cosmopolitan – one to share with the girls.
6. Black Velvet (Guinness and champagne) – the only thing to drink at a James Bond themed party in the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin!
7. Mulled wine – the essence of all things christmassy

I will throw the baton of loveliness onto the following truly lovely blogs:

Mammy Diaries
Fanciful Alice
Lady Bug Mama of 2

Finally, and while I’m standing here at the winner's podium, I'd like to thank Potty Mummy again for picking me as British Mummy Blogger of the week recently. A title I was most honoured to be given.

Now, I am utterly exhausted and must go for a very long lie down.

Share/Save/Bookmark

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I love all 7 of those drinks too. I'm suddenly very thirsty so will go and open my non-alcoholic beer and kid myself. Will have a drink at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thanks so much for the award. It's so nice of you to think of me. I'm going to repost it tomorrow. It's been a long day and I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I'm completely honoured that you would think of me.

    Kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! And I'm particularly pleased that it's an award that doesn't involve any memes or creative thinking - I'm still recovering from taking two children and their grandfather to Manhattan yesterday.....

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin