Rediscovering the 'Me' in 'Mumeeeeeee'

'I have always thought that there is no more fruitful source of family discontent than a housewife’s badly-cooked dinners and untidy ways'. (Mrs Beeton's Book of Household Management, 1861)

October 5, 2010

4 things to love this month

Kissing. Before you do anything else today, give someone a Big Kiss. A virtual one that is! Last year, I was very proud to be involved in the Pampers/UNICEF campaign to combat tetanus in developing countries. This year, Pampers are asking you to help by simply clicking the Big Kiss button on their site and they will donate the cost of 1 vaccine against maternal and newborn tetanus to UNICEF. Easy peasy - but SO important and incredibly worthwhile.

Flowers. What a lucky lady I am being sent these beautiful flowers from the lovely people at Interflora UK. They, very thoughtfully, sent the arrangement in my blog colour scheme and getting these delivered to my door reminded me how lovely it is to receive flowers. Email schmemail - send some flowers!

Your hair. Liz Earle have a scrumptious new hair care range. I'm a relatively recent convert to their Cleanse & Polish skincare routine and they kindly sent me the new 'botanical shine' shampoo and conditioner to try. I have to say that I love both the products - with naturally active ingredients, none of the nasty stuff, a lovely, fresh smell and for only £8.75 for a 200ml tube, your hair will feel much loved and very grateful.

Children's books. What's not to love about children's books? This month is the 20th anniversary of the Children's Book Festival in Ireland and I will be reviewing some of the best contemporary children's books and interviewing some of the best authors and illustrators over the coming month. Watch this space. In the meantime, you can read this article about how children's books have changed from those we grew up with ourselves.

So, plenty of things to love. And of course, there's always conkers, chocolate and Masterchef: The Professionals to add to the list.

Enjoy.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin