The very fabulous Sandy at Baby Baby has tagged me with the 'High Five' meme. The rules are to thank the person who tagged you, list your top 5 highlights from 2009 and then tag 5 more bloggers to do the same. So, here are my 2009 highlights. Think of it as a bit like Sports Personality Of The Year - without any sport or Gary Lineker!
1. Being made redundant. If that hadn't happened, most of the other highlights of my year would not have happened. Funny how things work out isn't it?!
2. Discovering a love for writing. Blogging, newspaper column, articles have all opened so many doors and given me a new direction in life.
3. Finishing my first novel and discussing it with an agent. I am crossing everything for a successful conclusion in 2010 i.e. a publishing deal!
4. Being asked to appear on TV to talk about blogging! An experience I will never forget.
5. Catching up with old university friends at a fantastic wedding in the UK. It had been far too long, but felt as though we had never left.
So all in all, despite its inevitable place in the history books as the year of doom and gloom, 2009 wasn't too shabby at all for me and it's lovely to reflect and document these moments. I pass this meme onto the following and hope you enjoy doing the same.
I would also like to thank the lovely Alice at Fanciful Alice and Baking Mad Mama for giving me two lovely cakey awards last year. Never one to pass up an offer of a slice of something tasty, I am thrilled to display these awards on my blog and would like to pass them onto the following.
Firstly, the 'Icing On the Cake' award goes to:
And this 'cake-tastic' award goes to:
To hell with New Year's Resolutions, grab a plate and tuck in!