9. There will be several blogger weddings featured in Hello! Magazine.
December 19, 2009
Following recent excellent posts from A Modern Mother and Who's The Mummy about their predicitions for mummy blogging in 2010, I would like to offer an alternative voice on this matter. So I give you:
Blogging Predictions for 2010: The Conspiracy Theory
1. Single Parent Dad, The Dotterel and Dad Who Writes will form a Status Quo tribute band called 'Dad's Rock'. They will enter, and win, Britian's Got Talent and will go on to have a No 1 smash with their debut single: 'Blogging All Over The World'.
2. Sandy at Baby Baby will become an advisor to the newly elected PM David Cameron and will be a regular panelist on Question Time.
3. Insomniac Mummy will have a 72 hr blogathon and will set a Guinness World Record for the highest number of blog posts and tweets in a 72hr period. She will then, finally, get a good night's sleep.
4. David Cameron will be a keynote speaker at the Mummy Bloggers Conference, but will be highly insulted when someone throws a packet of Custard Creams at him.
5. A Modern Mother, Sticky Fingers, Jo Beaufoix, Maternal Tales and Rosie Scribble will form a rival group to 'Dad's Rock'. Their 5-piece 'Mum's Aloud' will have the year's most downloaded single with 'Mum's Just Wanna Have Fun'.
6. The names Tweet, Twitter, Technorati, Hashtag and Blogger will become popular baby names.
7. Potty Mummy will have to start doing a British Mummy Blogger of the day podcast to keep up with the numbers of new bloggers coming on the scene.
8. Josie at Sleep Is For The Weak will be selected as a judge for the Booker Prize due to the phenomenal success of her weekly writing workshops.
10. We will see Violet Posy , Brits in Bosnia , and Who's The Mummy competing for glory in the final of a special bloggers edition of 'I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here'.
11. All members of British Mummy Bloggers will be offered free travel on new no frills airline 'FlyBMB'.
12. The concept of 'vlogging' will lead to a massive surge in sales of Touche Eclat.
And on that bombshell, I am heading for a much needed break so I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. See you in 2010!
Carefully crafted by Hot Cross Mum at 11:10 AM