- Bread - granary, wholegrain, fruit or seed breads, bagels, wraps and pittas instead of sliced white.
- Filling - shredded chicken, turkey, cold meat from last night’s dinner or peanut butter. Fish and eggs are great but should probably be sent with an apology to the teacher.
- Pasta is a great, healthy alternative to a sandwich.
- Fruit – try dried fruits. Dried mango is delicious (although it looks awful). Veg sticks are great too.
- Drink – water with a twist of fresh lemon or orange for a change. Freeze overnight in the bottle so it’s still chilled by lunchtime.
- Keep a tub of freshly sliced fruit in the fridge.
- Pop your own popcorn but don’t add salt.
- Make a batch of soup and serve in a mug.
- Whizz up a smoothie (freeze leftovers in lolly moulds).
This is a sponsored post.